Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mystery

I'm not really feeling the gratitude post yet, but I am sure I will.

I'm reading a new book on parenting called Love and Logic.  It's supposed to be great.  We'll see.  I'm skeptical.

One funny story:  Ben wakes up in the middle of every night crying and calling for me.  I stumble into his room without even opening my eyes, pull him into a bear hug, and we sleep that way for the rest of the night.  It's totally fine with me, not even a blip on my radar screen.  Last night, though, at 1am, I awoke to him SCREAMING HIS BLOODY HEAD OFF.  Honest to God, I thought someone was ripping off his finger nails.  I jump out of bed, race into to my "spot" on his bed, but he's not there.  I feel around the entire bed.   Not there.  I am totally disoriented.  I hear him, but where the hell is he?  I finally realize the screams are coming from under Sam's bed.  I turn on the lights, blinded by the brightness.  I realize he is screaming, "I'm stuck!"  And the kid is literally stuck.  I have to pull him out by the ankles.  I turn out the light.  We climb into our spots on the bed and fall asleep.  This morning I asked him about it and he says he wasn't under Sam's bed, Sam's bed got on top of him.  Wouldn't you just love to know??????

1 comment:

Maryellen said...

Poor Ben....He has such trying times in his big boy bed...