It always makes me laugh when kids use expressions like that. What must they think it means? But Sam clearly had it right. I am so irritated right now, I just want to climb into bed with a few magazines and zone out.
Here is my abbreviated list of complaints:
1) Despite doing everything right (ha!) with Sam, his list of acceptable foods is basically down to cheese quesadillas and pasta with jarred (not homemade) red sauce.
2) My house is a disaster. I'm not sure it's ever been so messy.
3) Somehow, hitting each other has become common place and acceptable with my children. How did I let that happen?
4) I am so sick of parenting books. I've been reading up on managing sibling rivalry and managing spirited children. I want to shove their "5 simple steps to family harmony" up their ass. Seriously, come live in my house for one day and then try the 5 simple steps. Not so simple, eh?
5) My middle child has become miserable lately. I know what he needs most in just love, love, love but it is not easy to provide that when he makes it so unpleasant to be around him.
6) I ran a freaking marathon yesterday and today I woke up feeling fat and ugly (WTF?).
I think is a good list for now, eh?
Hopefully tomorrow I can write a gratitude list.