Monday, August 31, 2009

Cleanse: Day 1 Update 2

Just got back from Ben's first day of preschool. He has one of my absolute favorite teachers this year so it is exciting for me to have him back in the swing of things. He's going to have a great year. I wish my kids' entire life could be like their days at this school.

I was definitely feeling the hunger during preschool (parents stayed today). My mind kept thinking, well after this I'll go get my latte or go get a bagel. I automatically go for the carbs for that nice, full feeling. I can get full on fruits and veggies, but it's really the carbs that make me have that full, content, ahhh, all is well feeling. Almost like endorphins are released.

Anyway, I digress. I made it home from preschool, definitely jonesing for a coffee, but grabbing instead a pint of raspberries. I just popped them in my mouth and drank a glass of water while I was checking email. I'm not necessarily hungry anymore but I certainly do not feel full or content. Still thinking about that next meal.


No comments: