Sunday, September 6, 2009

Cleanse: Day 6 Update 1

I am starting to wonder why I am doing this cleanse for 3 weeks. I am 6 days in and other than really missing carbs and some of my favorite foods, I do not feel any better. Not spiritually, not emotionally, not physically. I definitely do not have more energy, that's for sure. I have lost a few pounds and feel thinner and lighter, but that was really not my goal to begin with. And we all know that feeling thin and light is fleeting. Even if the scale doesn't move, there is no guarantee I will feel that way for long.

I am thinking I may give it one more week, no matter what, and then reevaluate. If I don't start to feel the benefits, I may call it a two week experiment.

Even if nothing further good comes out of this, I am still glad I did/am doing this. It is good for me to see that I do, in fact, have willpower. That I can say no to desserts and snacks. It has been excellent for me to get back into the 3 meals a day routine which I seem to have forgotten all about this summer. And it has been fantastic to eat such wonderful, delicious protein every day. All of that I will surely incorporate back into life off-cleanse.

We went to a BBQ today, it was 7 hours of fun and sun and food. And I totally stuck to my plan. I was really proud of myself. Even when my friend's little girl was sitting on my lap, her homemade brownie ice cream sandwich dripping down her and my arm, I didn't even take a lick. Go me!

1 comment:

mel said...

How about if you don't have 3 meals a day, but eat every 3 hours, a combo of protein and carbs? What are you doing besides the food cleanse? Meditation? Stretching? Think holistically.....

But if you want to stop at 2 wks, that's OK. It does not sound as though this is a good experience for you. And, if it isn't then you need to stop when you want to.