Here are the pros that have come from the cleanse:
1) mental discipline - there are times when it has been easy and times when it has been difficult (e.g., yesterday at jack's party - pizza, cake, and ice cream) but I have stuck with it, through and through. And that, my friends, is huge.
2) it feels fabulous to be feeding my body such healthy, solid, clean foods.
3) i have lost weight while eating as much food as I want (as long as it is cleanse-appropriate).
4) i have a much greater awareness of how much processed crap I was putting into my body. I consider myself a healthy eater but I've been really surprised at the things I've had to cut out because they are processed.
1) This is the hugest con of all - I am hungry much of the time. I'm not sure I've been "full" for two weeks.
2) Eating is a huge pain in the neck. I have to go food shopping daily to ensure I have enough fruits in the house to make it through the day. I can't just whip together a 1 minute sandwich to eat on the run. If I'm having a salad it takes a good 5-10 minutes to make and lots of time to eat. This would make the slow food people happy, but I don't have a slow life. I usually have only a few minutes to eat in between picking up Ben from preschool and picking up Jack from the bus.
3) I really, really miss the treats.
4) I am finding it impossible to eat out. I've had two occasions in the past 2 weeks where I've been out with friends. One was a restaurant, one was Starbucks. There was literally nothing on the menu that I could eat so I had water. Talk about drawing attention to yourself.
Time's up now. Up next: how to take the things that work from this cleanse and incorporate them into "real" life.